Just days after Eni’s announcement of Italy’s fastest supercomputer, FZ Jülich is announcing theirs.
Forschungszentrum Jülich Research Center has signed a contract with Atos to install their latest supercomputer, the BullSequana X1000, in Jülich, Germany. The planned system is expected to reach 12 petaFLOPS which would make it Germany’s fastest supercomputer and one of the fastest in the world.
The exact specs have not yet been disclosed, but the BullSequana X1000 only comes in a number of pre-designed blade configurations: E5-2600 v4 (Broadwell), Xeon Phi (Knights Landing), Xeon Scalable Family (Skylake SP), and Xeon Scalable + Pascal P100.
|BullSequana X1000 Compute Blades|
|1U / 3 Nodes||1U / 3 Nodes||1U / 3 Nodes||1U / 1 Accelerated Node|
|3 x 2 Xeon E5-2600 v4||3 x Xeon Phi||3 x 2 Xeon Scalable||2 x Xeon Scalalbe
4 x Tesla P100
|3 x C610 Chipset||3 x C610 Chipset||3 x C620 Chipset||3 x C620 Chipset|
Among the many applications, the BullSequana will be used for quantum computing simulations and human brain simulations as part of the Human Brain Project (HBP).
The new supercomputer will be installed in Q2 2018.
- Intel Announces Keem Bay: 3rd Generation Movidius VPU Intel announces Keem Bay, its 3rd-generation Movidius VPU edge inference p...
- Marvell Lays Out ARM Server Roadmap Marvell outlines its current and future Arm server microprocessor roadmap...
- A Look at Spring Crest: Intel Next-Generation DC Training Neural Processor A look at the microarchitecture of Intel Nervana next-generation data cente...
- Arm Makes Headway In HPC, Cloud Arm makes headway in HPC and cloud with Cray's new support for the Fujitsu...
- Intel Launches Stratix 10 GX 10M; 10M LEs, Two Massive Interconnected Dies Intel launches the industry's highest-capacity FPGA; 10-million LEs compris...
- Arm Makes Headway In HPC, Cloud
- Intel Announces Keem Bay: 3rd Generation Movidius VPU
- A Look at Spring Crest: Intel Next-Generation DC Training Neural Processor
- Marvell Lays Out ARM Server Roadmap
- AMD Announces 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper
- Intel Launches Stratix 10 GX 10M; 10M LEs, Two Massive Interconnected Dies
- IBM Adds POWER9 AIO, Pushes for an Open Memory-Agnostic Interface
- TSMC 5-Nanometer Update
- Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition Full Specs and Availability Announced
- Intel Unveils the Tremont Microarchitecture: Going After ST Performance