About a week ago we reported about PEZY reaching the number one spot on the Green500 list with their latest 2,048-core PEZY-SC2 many-core processor. Today, TOP500.org has formally announced their latest November 2017 list.
Dominating the list with four out of the top five most power-efficient systems are the newly installed systems in Japan, all based on the ZettaScaler-2.2 architecture featuring the PEZY-SC2 processors.
|Green500 Rank||Top500 Rank||System||Cores||Rmax||Power||Efficiency|
|1||259||Shoubu system B||794,400||842.0 TFLOPS||50 kW||17.009 GFLOPS/W|
|50x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 1x Xeon D-1571)|
|2||307||Suiren2||762,624||788.2 TFLOPS||47 kW||16.759 GFLOPS/W|
|48x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 1x Xeon D-1571)|
|3||276||Sakura||794,400||824.7 TFLOPS||50 kW||16.657 GFLOPS/W|
|50x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 2x Xeon E5-2618L v3)|
|5||4||Gyoukou||19,860,000||19,135.8 TFLOPS||1,350 kW||14.173 GFLOPS/W|
|1250x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 1x Xeon D-1571)|
Gyoukou, which ranks fifth on the Green500, now also ranks as the fourth most powerful supercomputer. The system also currently holds highest core-count record.
- TSMC Details 5 nm
- IBM Doubles Its 14nm eDRAM Density, Adds Hundreds of Megabytes of Cache
- TSMC Announces 2x Reticle CoWoS For Next-Gen 5nm HPC Applications
- CEA-Leti Demos a 6-Chiplet 96-Core 3D-Stacked MIPS Processor
- Intel Refreshes 2nd Gen Xeon Scalable, Slashes Prices
- Radeon RX 5700: Navi and the RDNA Architecture
- 7nm Boosted Zen 2 Capabilities but Doubled the Challenges
- Arm Launches the Cortex-M55 and Its MicroNPU Companion, the Ethos-U55
- Inside Rosetta: The Engine Behind Cray’s Slingshot Exascale-Era Interconnect
- Arm Ethos is for Ubiquitous AI At the Edge