About a week ago we reported about PEZY reaching the number one spot on the Green500 list with their latest 2,048-core PEZY-SC2 many-core processor. Today, TOP500.org has formally announced their latest November 2017 list.
Dominating the list with four out of the top five most power-efficient systems are the newly installed systems in Japan, all based on the ZettaScaler-2.2 architecture featuring the PEZY-SC2 processors.
|Green500 Rank||Top500 Rank||System||Cores||Rmax||Power||Efficiency|
|1||259||Shoubu system B||794,400||842.0 TFLOPS||50 kW||17.009 GFLOPS/W|
|50x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 1x Xeon D-1571)|
|2||307||Suiren2||762,624||788.2 TFLOPS||47 kW||16.759 GFLOPS/W|
|48x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 1x Xeon D-1571)|
|3||276||Sakura||794,400||824.7 TFLOPS||50 kW||16.657 GFLOPS/W|
|50x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 2x Xeon E5-2618L v3)|
|5||4||Gyoukou||19,860,000||19,135.8 TFLOPS||1,350 kW||14.173 GFLOPS/W|
|1250x (8x PEZY-SC2 + 1x Xeon D-1571)|
Gyoukou, which ranks fifth on the Green500, now also ranks as the fourth most powerful supercomputer. The system also currently holds highest core-count record.
- Intel Announces Keem Bay: 3rd Generation Movidius VPU Intel announces Keem Bay, its 3rd-generation Movidius VPU edge inference p...
- Marvell Lays Out ARM Server Roadmap Marvell outlines its current and future Arm server microprocessor roadmap...
- A Look at Spring Crest: Intel Next-Generation DC Training Neural Processor A look at the microarchitecture of Intel Nervana next-generation data cente...
- Arm Makes Headway In HPC, Cloud Arm makes headway in HPC and cloud with Cray's new support for the Fujitsu...
- Intel Launches Stratix 10 GX 10M; 10M LEs, Two Massive Interconnected Dies Intel launches the industry's highest-capacity FPGA; 10-million LEs compris...
- Arm Makes Headway In HPC, Cloud
- Intel Announces Keem Bay: 3rd Generation Movidius VPU
- A Look at Spring Crest: Intel Next-Generation DC Training Neural Processor
- Marvell Lays Out ARM Server Roadmap
- AMD Announces 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper
- Intel Launches Stratix 10 GX 10M; 10M LEs, Two Massive Interconnected Dies
- IBM Adds POWER9 AIO, Pushes for an Open Memory-Agnostic Interface
- TSMC 5-Nanometer Update
- Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition Full Specs and Availability Announced
- Intel Unveils the Tremont Microarchitecture: Going After ST Performance