Today, Intel is lifting the lid on the full specs of the Core i9-9900KS Special Edition processor. The chip was first demoed by Intel last year and was formally announced back is finally getting launched.
The 9th Gen Core i9-9900KS Special Edition processor is still based on the Coffee Lake microarchitecture and comes with 8 cores and 16 threads. The biggest selling point of the chip is that it comes with a 4 GHz base frequency and a 5 GHz all-core turbo frequency. The chip is also unlocked, allowing the possibility of clocking it even further. Though most of those specifications were already announced back in May, Intel is now disclosing the TDP for the chip with is 127 W. Compared to Intel’s current flagship processor – the i9-9900K – the 9900KS features 400 MHz higher base frequency and a 300 MHz higher all-core turbo out of the box. Assuming the chips are not overclocked and workloads are not memory-bound, this translates directly to 11% and 6% performance improvements at base and all-core turbo respectively.
|Comparison of Select Intel 9th Gen Core|
|Cores||8 / 8||8 / 8||8 / 16||8 / 16||8 / 16|
|Graphics||–||UHD 630||–||UHD 630||UHD 630|
|Base Frequency||3.6 GHz||3.6 GHz||3.6 GHz||3.6 GHz||4.0 GHz|
|Turbo (1C)||4.9 GHz||4.9 GHz||5.0 GHz||5.0 GHz||5.0 GHz|
|Turbo (8C)||4.6 GHz||4.6 GHz||4.7 GHz||4.7 GHz||5.0 GHz|
Additionally, the cost and availability have also been announced. The i9-9900KS will be available worldwide beginning this Wednesday, October 30 with a recommended customer price of $513. Intel says that this processor will be available for a limited time only and with limited quantity.
- Intel Announces Keem Bay: 3rd Generation Movidius VPU Intel announces Keem Bay, its 3rd-generation Movidius VPU edge inference p...
- Marvell Lays Out ARM Server Roadmap Marvell outlines its current and future Arm server microprocessor roadmap...
- A Look at Spring Crest: Intel Next-Generation DC Training Neural Processor A look at the microarchitecture of Intel Nervana next-generation data cente...
- Arm Makes Headway In HPC, Cloud Arm makes headway in HPC and cloud with Cray's new support for the Fujitsu...
- Intel Launches Stratix 10 GX 10M; 10M LEs, Two Massive Interconnected Dies Intel launches the industry's highest-capacity FPGA; 10-million LEs compris...
- Arm Makes Headway In HPC, Cloud
- Intel Announces Keem Bay: 3rd Generation Movidius VPU
- A Look at Spring Crest: Intel Next-Generation DC Training Neural Processor
- Marvell Lays Out ARM Server Roadmap
- AMD Announces 3rd Gen Ryzen Threadripper
- Intel Launches Stratix 10 GX 10M; 10M LEs, Two Massive Interconnected Dies
- IBM Adds POWER9 AIO, Pushes for an Open Memory-Agnostic Interface
- TSMC 5-Nanometer Update
- Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition Full Specs and Availability Announced
- Intel Unveils the Tremont Microarchitecture: Going After ST Performance